SHOP!

Ourcrafternoon - Find me on Bloggers.com

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Girls Hair Bows

I have decided to dabble in making hair bows.  My daughter is 5 years old and just started kindergarten.  I wanted to put all sorts of cute things in her hair, but I quickly realized that they were hard to find.  After looking online at some hair bow tutorials, I thought "I can do that!"  Feeling pretty optimistic I went ahead and ordered a bunch of ribbon and cute adornments for the bows.  I ordered everything from www.theribbonretreat.com  because they had what I thought were great prices. 



What You Will Need:
  • Ribbon in a variety of colors and sizes (I used grosgrain)
  • String or thread
  • Clips or Headbands
  • Hot Glue
  • Scissors
  • Lighter
Some Possible Materials You Will Need:
  • Bottle Caps
    • Colored Printer (if you decide to do bottle cap embellishments)
    • 1 in hole punch
  • Jewels
  • Faux Pearls
  • Large Beads
  • Silk Flowers
  • Ric Rac
  • Wooden Dowels & Clothes Pins (for curling ribbon in the oven)

There are SOOOOO many different kinds of bows you could make.  The possibilities are endless.  Because there are several ways to form the different bows, it is easier to see it rather than describe how to do them.  I went to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUlvZ7xx6uE and watched some tutorials on how to make some basic bows and then started designing and putting together my own creations.  Once you have the basics down, you can put together TONS of different styles by layering the bows on top of one another.



 What is more girly than a cute bow?!  I can't wait for my princess to see her new bows :)

No comments:

Post a Comment