SHOP!

Ourcrafternoon - Find me on Bloggers.com

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cheap and SO easy Wall decor with a touch of Nature!

Lately I have been obsessed with the colors brown and green, I think they go so well together and plus they are the colors of nature, and I LOVE nature. I decided a while back after moving our bedroom and getting a new bed that I wanted to decorate the room in these colors, so I have slowly been adding little touches of browns and greens whenever I make something or find things in stores.

Last week I came across this idea for wall decor, the colors were different but I figured it looked simple enough to try and give my own personal touch to, so here is the finished product!

 

 
Want to make it?
 
Things You Need
Canvas
Construction Paper
Stick/Twig/Limb
Paint
Hot Glue and Hot Glue Gun
Pen or Pencil
Scissors
 
Step One: First Paint the canvas in your color choices, let dry.
Step Two: While paint on canvas is drying make paper flowers, there are many ways and tutorials out there to make all kinds of paper flowers. The flowers I used were simple to make see how to make paper flowers below.
Step Three: Hot glue your limb or twig in place.
Step Four: Hot Glue on your finished paper flowers.
Step Five: Enjoy!
 
How to make Paper Flowers (pictured above)
 
Step one: Cut out 8 petals to your desired size and shape.
Step Two: Using the pen or pencil slightly roll the outer edges of the petals backward to give a slight curl look, and then using the same technique roll the inner edge inward towards you.
Step Three: Hot glue the petals together stacking together slightly.
 
For the center of the flower
Cut a strip of different colored construction paper in a thin strip (size depending on the size of your flower), then make tiny slits all the way down the strip with scissors. Next roll the strip in a tight circle and then secure with glue, then push or pull the slits slightly outward to create a fringed look.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This is so precious! I love making paper crafts, I used to keep a scrap book but have not have the opportunity to add to it since I started focusing on my Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen, I understand the focus and time an Etsy shop takes up :) Papers Crafts are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete