Tuesday, October 9, 2012

BOO! Cutest DIY Halloween Home Decor!!

 
I have been in Michigan visiting family for almost 3 weeks now and have not been able to craft much since all my craft supplies are at home, but I did this craft a while back and still had the photos of it on my computer still, so I decided with Halloween around the corner I would post it. I love making anything with paper, and believe it or not you can make a TON of different things from paper. I got this idea from a craft magazine I had that had something very similar. This was really fun and super cheap seeing that everything here is stuff from the dollar tree.
 
Things you need
 
Small buckets (dollar tree has these in the wedding favor section)
Floral Foam (dollar tree also has this)
Moss (this is also in the floral section at dollar tree, comes in a bag)
Ribbon/s
Wooden skewers
Colored card Stock
Glue Stick
Hot Glue/Gun
Wiggle Eye Balls

 
How to make:
 
Step One: Cut your colored card stock to your desired sizes for the background square and then a 3 little bit smaller squares in black for the inner background.
Step Two: Cut out the letters to spell BOO! (I used my cricut machine for my letters but if you don't have a cricut you can print out letters in your desired font on the computer then use them as a stencil on your card stock)
Step Three: Cut out a half oval for the ghost shapes.
Step Four: Glue all your cut pieces together and then place your wiggle eyes in place on the ghosts.
Step Five: Hot glue the skewer stick to the back of the finished card stock topper letters.
 
 
Step Six: Hot glue your ribbons around the bottom of the buckets
Step Seven: Break or cut off blocks the fit inside of the buckets from the floral foam.
Step Eight: Hot glue some moss at the top of the floral foam
Step Nine: Stick your finished letters into the buckets and Enjoy your super cute Halloween Craft!
 

1 comment:

  1. Very cute idea! And I love that the supplies are all very reasonable.

    Saw your post on the Etsy success board, so if you would like to check out my shop it is here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/HandmadeMichelle. My Halloween items are all featured, so they are right up top. :)

    https://www.facebook.com/HandmadeMichelle

    ReplyDelete