I decided that with all the hair bows I've been making, I need somewhere to put them all where they are easily accessible, but cute too. I ended up making a bow holder out of a large frame. It's a great place to clip on all sorts of bows and barrettes and it is SUPER easy to do.
What You'll Need:
22"x 18" piece of thin fabric
3 yrds of 1in ribbon
- Take out the piece of glass or plastic from the frame and lay it on top of the fabric of your choice.
- Pull the fabric so that it's taut and glue the edges to the back of the glass/plastic. Wrap the corners like you would wrap a present and secure with hot glue.
- Decide if you are going to hang your frame vertically or horizontally and then cut your ribbon to be slightly longer than the frame.
- Hot glue the ends of the ribbon either vertically or diagonally to the back of the glass piece, making sure that the ribbon has no slack in it.
- Once the glue is dry, place the glass back into the frame and secure it in place.
- Place bows and clips on the frame and hang up!
*I made mine to match my daughter's room so I used a piece of purple fabric with Disney Princess ribbon. This would be very pretty with a nice looking frame, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money so I bought a poster frame for about $5 at Walmart.